Communication Access is the most common challenge people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Speech Impaired face in accessing services. Nevada Care Connection is committed to not only help you to become your own self-advocate, but also help educate others to be more Deaf friendly. This page is dedicated to providing information and assistance to people who are newly deaf, experiencing hearing loss, or just new to Nevada.
Empowering our Community
Empowering our community is at the heart of what we do. Accommodations for communication access can often be met with resistance due to costs, providers not being informed, or a lack of available accommodations. Below you will find a list of resources that can provide you with great advocacy information.
- ADA-Effective Communication
- Effective Communication and Sign Language Interpreters in a Healthcare Setting
- Driver Card
- Public Entities and Public Accommodations
Family and Youth Services
- Nevada Disability Advocacy Law Center
- Commission for Persons who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- National Association for the Deaf
- Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities