The Nevada Medicare Assistance Program is funded through three federal grants including:
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program – This federal grant from the Administration for Community Living provides states funding to support one on one Medicare assistance through free, unbiased counselors.
- Senior Medicare Patrol Program – This federal grant from the Administration for Community Living helps support state efforts to educate Medicare beneficiaries to prevent, detect and report potential Medicare fraud.
- Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) – The MIPPA program offers education about preventive benefits available through Medicare, as well as assistance to help low-income beneficiaries access programs to assist with their Medicare costs.
Additional Medicare Resources
- CMS – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Administers the Medicare program.
- Medicare.gov – Federal website that provides information on Medicare services. You can also compare and enroll in Medicare Advantage plans and Prescription Drug Plans.
- MyMedicare.gov – Medicare’s free, secure, online service for managing personal Medicare benefits and services.
- SSA – Social Security Administration. Processes Medicare enrollments and premiums. Determines eligibility for Medicare. Provides replacement Medicare cards.
- SMP Resource Center – This site provides current information and resources to protect, detect, and report healthcare fraud and abuse.
Outside of Nevada?
Find local Medicare Help.
Back to MAP Home Page