Though caregiving can be extremely rewarding, it also can be challenging. As a caregiver, it is important to check in with yourself and recognize the stress or burnout you may be feeling. It’s also important to know you are not alone.
What is Caregiving Stress?
- Caregiving becomes primary role, forcing out other roles. Often the caregiver
- Care duties rise above and beyond an easily accommodated range of support
- Caregiving is constantly needed and continuously provided without an end in sight
What is Caregiver Burnout?
- Exhaustion of physical and/or emotional strength, usually as a result of prolonged stress
- Damage occurs to the natural familial relationships that exist (i.e., frustration, resentment, etc.)
- Range of symptoms include anxiety attacks, depression, and significant mental and physical declines in caregiver’s health
Take our Caregiver Self-Assessment for more tips and information.